hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Monday, October 01, 2007

36 things

i'll be 36 on friday. wow. 36. in honor of my 36th birthday, i'll try to come up with 36 things random (and i mean that) about me.

1. one of my favorite movies is peggy sue got married. why? too many reasons to list.
2. i love doing something behind the scenes.
3. i google britney spears at least once a week. she's a train wreck & for some reason i'm obsessed with her.
4. i love tim gunn. but i do wish him to be a heterosexual and come to Christ.
5. i have to sleep with my foot slightly hanging off the bed -- any bed, even our king sized.
6. i did not have a relationship with Christ until i was 21. i lived many, many years being deceived.
7. i'm not superstitious, just a little stitious.
8. one of my new favorite shows is the office. see number 7.
9. i was 5 years old when the "king" died. i remember it clearly. i was outside and my dad came out and said, michelle, the king is dead. i knew exactly who he meant, and i was sad.
10. one of my favorite blogs to lurk on is photographs on the dashboard. somebody tell lauren her kids are stinkin' funny and her posts about them (and others) make me laugh.
11. i love seinfeld.
12. twelve is my favorite number, and was always my jersey number in high school.
13. i wish i lived in michigan. see #11.
14. i have to fall asleep with the tv on.
15. i like to be the 15th comment, and sometimes i wait it out just to be the 15th.
16. the picture i took my junior year in high school was the best school pic i ever took. i had great 80's hair that day, and the pearl necklace i was wearing was totally awesome.
17. most of the time i don't sing out loud at church. i sing in my head.
18. i prefer hymns to praise music.
19. i know all 5 verses of "just as i am" by heart. see #18.
20. my favorite flower is a TULIP. pun intended, but i'll never debate it.
21. i admire working moms.
22. i admire single moms more.
23. when i grow up i want to be a fashion designer.
24. i'm obsessed with ebay, and more than once i've pushed up the price of an item i did not want just to make someone else pay more. it's evil, i know. but doing that did bite me once - i won it.
25. i've been known to pick a piece of furniture up on the side of the road and make it a part of my decor. especially things for my sewing room.
26. i'll tell you if that outfit makes your butt look big.
27. i gave up years ago trying to be grammatically correct in writing and speaking. i only hope my children have great grammar teachers.
28. i collected shopping bags from macy's when i was in high school.
29. for a short period in high school (1988 i think), i drove a Yugo. it was hott.
30. five days before i turned 30, my precious daughter emily was born. if she would have waited those 5 days, she, i and my mother would all have shared a birthday.
31. i rarely wear make-up.
32. i don't wear product in my hair.
33. i have a vera bradley luggage collection, and i still use it. am i too old for that?
34. i hate surprises.
35. i had postpartum depression with all three of my kids.
36. i only listen to christian music in the minivan, but i rock out to van halen and bon jovi at home. my kids are probably very confused.

SO! i think i probably could have come up with more - if anything, i'm random. :) congrats if you got to the end.

10 Comments:

Blogger Shandra said...

my bdays the 13th!! we should party together!

i love the office and i put on my cmas list vera bradley stuff b/c my other bags are old. but no, you aren't too old for it...well, i don't think so.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Electric Monk said...

Does #26 go for guys too?

9:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

for you, electric monk - yes. and it does. just kidding.

9:16 PM  
Blogger ashley said...

8. i LOVE the Office.
26. i love your honesty.
31. i'm with ya sista.
36. two of my FAVORITE bands - especially if i'm running.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

your random post made me laugh... but as a faithful ebayer for the past 7 years i am appalled by #24!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jenny Ortis said...

I love random things, especially lists of things that I love! I LOVE THE OFFICE, too. And Seinfeld. And I have to fall asleep with the TV on. And I still have a chair that you gave me that you didn't need anymore (apparently picking up furniture on the side of the road benefits everyone!). I still keep all my Ann Taylor shopping bags.

Thanks for sharing some of the random things about you with us!

10:07 PM  
Blogger jill said...

Happy Birthday!
This was hilarious to read and now I know you that much better.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Christy said...

Happy Birthday to you!! I'll join in with the group that loves the Office. I'm completely with you on #s 18, 31 and 32. You mean you don't rock out to Duran Duran when you're at home??? ha ha I was waiting to see that story somewhere on the list. Oh well, I'll just have to send you one of their T-shirts for your birthday (I'm letting you know since you don't like surprises) - LOL - don't worry, I know better!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

christy, that's funny - i should have listed it, but how could i ever explain myself?! i hear duran duran is making a comeback. but, i'd hate to have to come all the way over to alto to fight you!!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Michelle...love the post!! Sara emailed me...she now has email at work! I told her about your blog...maybe she's a lurker now! :)

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home