hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Thursday, February 23, 2006

a post about pregnancy and my kids

i had an ob appointment today and, well, i knew the weight loss would end sometime. i'm 7 months pregnant and i've finally gained some pregnancy weight. 1 pound. i don't think it's a record or anything, but i lost more than 20 pounds this pregnancy. sounds crazy, i know, but i've done that with each of my babies. it's so weird to me that i could be losing weight, but the baby gets bigger. bizarre! i've got a little less than 11 weeks to go. if i were was not so vain i would post a pic of my belly - but i don't look nearly as good at ashley or meredith!! also, my glucose test was normal - PRAISE GOD! i don't think i would have been a well woman if i had to do the 3 hour test. i "failed" the 1 hour test when i was carrying ethan, and man, taking the 3 hour just to have it turn out normal was the pits. anyway. asking a pregnant woman to fast for 12 hours, go in and have a blood test, then drink a disgustingly (is that a word?) sweet drink only to have her blood drawn another 3 times stinks. my challenge to dr. stacy is to come up with another procedure for glucose testing. think about it. it could make you a millionaire and would belove you to pregnant women everywhere!

things are looking good with baby "E" christopher. i think we have his first name narrowed down to two, but i'm sure all that will change. dan will never let us name him emory, so it looks like the front runners for names are elliot and everete. both of those names seem so formal to me to be a first name. so dan, let me plead with you via my blog; let's name him emory. he won't grow up to be a fancy pants. i promise.

i'm not a country music fan - at all. but saying that, i do enjoy me some hank williams jr. a couple of years ago i heard a song by martina mcbride called in my daughter's eyes. that song pretty much firms up how i feel about my children. so skip the rest of the post if want, because i'm going post some lyrics. oh, and i've taken the liberty of changing the words - anywhere it said "my daughter's" i've put my children's...you get it. someday they will stop asking me to read books to them, to play with them, and generally to stop being with them! i hope that day is far from now because my children have made me so happy. they make my heart smile, and i could not imagine my life without them. and thanks to dan for making me a mommy.


In my children's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
They were sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my children's eyes

In my children's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe
In my children's eyes

And when they wrap their hands around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about
It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my children's eyes

In my children's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though they'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy they made me
For I'll be there
In my children's eyes

12 Comments:

Blogger elly said...

I have that CD and get all weepy everytime I hear that song. I cannot imagine LOSING weight while pregnant! What do you do after delivery - gain it back?

5:11 PM  
Blogger Paper said...

Michelle... I really am so glad you passed your one-hour test. I failed mine a few weeks back and had to do the 3-hour. As it turned out, my blood sugar was too low and the drink caused it to spike drastically and then bottom out. I nearly passed out before leaving the office after the 3-hour because my sugar level was around 30... had to stop and get breakfast within walking distance of my house! Bottom line --- I am not diabetic! Praise the Lord.

Also, I like the name choices - Emory, Elliot and Everete, particularly Everete. My dad and grandfather are both named Everett, and that's also Dylan's middle name. Although my dad has always been called "Jack"... go figure!

Hope the remaining 11 weeks or so goes well for you. I've got about 8 to go, but Dylan's prematurity lingers in the back of my mind all the time.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I am voting for Everete. Todd's Dad's name was Everette. I've always really liked the name - even as a first name.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

i think i need a spelling lesson; i mispelled "everett" - i'm a dummy.

don't worry - i always gain around 25, lose most of it in the first month and struggle to lose the rest. but really, i've never lost "the rest" - i always seem to get pregnant again!! no excuse this time though - this is our last baby!!!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

i like everette...or however you spell it. that was my grandfathers name.

i also love emory...too cute!

i wish i could lose weight while pregnant...i have all to do to lose it after pregnancy!

8:45 AM  
Blogger BF said...

Earl, Earl, EARL!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the name Elliott! And if I will lose weight while preggers, maybe Chris and I need to talk!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emery is a good band. Hard-core, yes. Screamo, yes. But not the least bit feminine.

I'd go with Emery.

11:39 AM  
Blogger meredith said...

I am so glad you passed your glucose test. The three hour is no fun at all. Being pregnant and having to fast does not mix. I like all of your name choices, but Everett is my favorite.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Glad you passed your glucose test! I like the name Elliot (and Emory too).

8:08 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Glad you passed your glucose test. I used to like orange soda..not anymore!

I went to baby names and searched for e boy names.. Emerson, Emery, Elliot, Elijah (Eli) and Eric are my favorites. Of course, Echo, Elmer, Elmo, Elroy and Elvis are fun too! Ha ha.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think bird flu is going to be a problem ?

I heard it would hit USA & Canada this fall.

Is there anything to the bird flu panic ?

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home