hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Monday, January 28, 2008

I heart...

the YMCA. it's my new favorite place. since we are not having anymore kids, i guess it's time to get all this baby weight off. i don't want to be like some women i hear...their "baby" is 21 and their weight is still not off. :)

i heart:
  • it's location - it's less than 5 minutes away.
  • the cornerstone plaque - telling about how the ground was prayed over & about the bible that's in its foundation.
  • the bible verses all over - my favorite one is by the ladies locker room; "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
  • the elliptical machine - it's so challenging.
  • the row machine - it makes me feel strong. :)
  • fitness tap - it just makes me smile.
  • how the childcare workers know our kids by name and say hi to them when we walk in.
  • how the kids love going.
  • the encouraging emails & compliments i get from the staff who recognize me and tell me my hard work is paying off.
okay, so much for the love fest about the Y. i must admit, there is another reason i love it; fitlinxx. i have an id i put in when i work out and it logs how much time i spend on the machines, etc. it also ranks me according to fitlinxx points (you get 5 for every minute you work out), calories burned and weight lifted. in my age group (30-39) i am currently #29 out of 279. yipee for me! i have slipped a little in my rankings in the past few days. i've been as high as #20 this month. and also this month, i've lifted the equivalent of 2 african elephants. i don't lift much - i'm concentrating more on my cardio. :) it helps a ton that every machine has it's own tv.

so anyway, working out is my new obsession - i guess because i want to be high in the fitlinxx rankings. is that wrong? :) sometimes during the day it's all i think about; when can i go, how long can i stay, can i go twice in one day...

8 Comments:

Blogger Shandra said...

that's awesome, michelle! keep up the good work!!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Please rub off on me!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

That's great! I wish I had something like that close by!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Electric Monk said...

I would say any motivation you have to work out is GOOD motivation!

10:05 AM  
Blogger angie said...

i called this morning and you didn't answer. after reading this, i have realized that you are probably at the Y, taking off as many pounds as i have gained while snoozing on the couch.

11:40 AM  
Blogger jill said...

I may have to switch. 24 Hour Fitness sucks compared to the Y!

12:00 PM  
Blogger ashley said...

awesome. i hope to follow in your footsteps soon...

3:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey if it motivates you to get a higher ranking good for you! I wish I had that great of an experience at my Y last year. I may try again next year, we will see. Maybe I will go to your Y and see if I can beat you!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home