hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Friday, October 26, 2007

Flashback to the 80's


i went shoe shopping the other day. i was looking for some shoes that would compliment a new pair of pants i got for my birthday. they hit me a little below my ankle, and you know, not just any shoe will do. here's what i discovered; it's 1987 all over again. as i browsed from store to store i found a huge selection of flats. and if that was not disturbing enough, most of them were plaid, striped, polka-dotted and tied around the leg!! if only i'd known they'd be all the rage when i was 36. i could have saved some money if i would have just put away all my sam & libby and mootsie tootsie flats i loved in high school.

do you think late 80's apparel is starting to make comeback? i hope tight-rolling your jeans comes back; i look terrible in the now fashionable boot-cut. i hope modular clothing makes a come back though. i'd give anything not to have to iron again. i loved my Multiples!!

if you are wondering, yes, i bought a new pair of sam & libby flats. it'll be a perfect addition to my ever expanding shoe post-baby shoe collection.

3 Comments:

Blogger jill said...

Some of the 80's apparel is worth a comeback - like modular clothing and flats. But remember those jeans that folded over at the waist? I hope they never come back.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Electric Monk said...

As a guy (and one with poor fashion taste), I have precisely zero to contribute to this discussion.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I can't wait to see the cast of the wizard of oz!

I had to do that word verification thing 3 times...

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home