hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Moment of the Day

unsupervised moment of the day: "washing" dishes, taking a "bath"

what i hear:

emily: oh, it's a little chilly
ethan: yeah, i've got bubbles on me

what i find: two guilty looking kids stripped down to their underwear with one foot (to the calf) each in a sink filled-to-the-brim with soapy water. water all over the floor, wet clothes on the floor and countertop.

what do i say? nothing at first. i just looked at them.

mom: what were y'all thinking?

emily: well, we thought we were smelly so we were going to take a bath.

about 10 minutes before i told them they could wash some dishes, but obviously i stayed out of the room too long not to nip in the bud what came next. this was totally my fault, so there was no punishment, but i did tell them they lost their washing dishes privilege. i did come in just in time to avoid disaster though. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

LOL - Your kids are classic! I love it!

3:13 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Hey - when you get a chance would you e-mail me your phone number. The number I tried last night was disconnected. My e-mails also aren't going through for some reason. Wait a sec? Am I getting the shaft??? :-)

7:54 AM  
Blogger Electric Monk said...

Man, I wish I could lose my washing dishes privileges.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home