hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You get me?

wow. i don't think i've ever had so many comments. i guess my rant hit a nerve! :)

the majority of you know me well enough to get i was not being totally serious...i hope y'all do anyway! i don't love texas as a state, but i do love it for what it is; where i live with my husband and my three beautiful children. but i do think that texas is overrated. dan says i'm a texan anyway because i'm from shreveport. our family always lived in south shreveport and it only took about 5 minutes to get to waskom, the first texas town on I-20 W. when i'm around my family, or even the whitegrrl christy i get a bit of an accent. so anyway.

for the record:

i grew up loving the dallas cowboys, and like most girls i knew, really wanted to be a dallas cowboys cheerleader. and i really had no idea louisiana had a professional football team until i went to college -- yes, really. the saints did not get much air time in shreveport.

i grew up thinking the ford motor company's slogan was, ford -- built texas tough. i always wondered what "residency restrictions apply" meant.

until college i had never been south of alexandria, louisiana, but i'd been all over east and central texas. going to dallas to shop was extra cool.

tyler roses were far superior to the rose center that was in greenwood.

SO THERE!

6 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Michelle, This post makes me laugh. I can totally relate since I grew up in S'port also.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I just went down and read the 20th posting. You can sign my blog anytime. We could probably really exchange stories since Elliott and Clara are so close in age.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I thought of you yesterday when the girls' MDO had Texas Day...complete with bluebonnet planting, pony rides, picture with the Texas flag dressed with cowboy boots and hats, making sand star keychains, dancing music, and other things that weren't so Texas! You would of had fun! Oh yeah..everything went home in an HEB bag!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

deborah...that's hilarious!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Michelle! I don't have your email address to add to my mailing list (that is, of course, if you want to be on it), and I wanted you to know we are having a "mystery hostess" eShow right now. Spend $10.00 and get your name entered to receive the hostess benefits. www.ubah.com/m2730; click on "Mystery Hostess".

Also, my sister-in-law is pregnant and LOVES the baby bag you made for Jack. I'm sure I will be ordering one soon, we just haven't found out if it's a girl or boy yet. Do you have a website yet? Do I just order directly through you? How does it work, and how much would it be? You can email me, amyschaffner@bellsouth.net.

Thanks!

3:56 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

michelle...where have you been? busy working on cutesy stuff? :)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home