hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Monday, January 16, 2006

Cracked Pots

i am an imperfect vessel. tonight i joined a group of ladies at my church who are otherwise known as "cracked pots" - we are starting a beth moore Bible study called Breaking Free. i'm sure many of you have heard of it & many of you have probably completed the study. honestly, i only decided to go because two of my closest friends were - you know me, i'm such the non-joiner...anyway. i did not have a real understanding of the theme, but i guess God did! :) good thing i am clueless - i would have never gone!

if you don't know much about it, the theme mostly deals with breaking strongholds in your life. i'm glad to be doing the study now. i definitely need to be broken down in certain areas of my christian life. it's no secret i'm pretty mad at God these days. so in that regard my stronghold would be my way of thinking i can deal with things on my own. does that count as a stronghold?? well, i'll consider it one because i'm choking right now. my anger toward God affects every area of my walk. the way i deal with that anger is to push Him out and deal with things on my own. in my heart i know God did not "take" my brother from me, just like he did not "take" my father-in-law from dan, but man it feels like it. so here's to the first day i really deal with my grief over losing my loved ones, hopefully i'll be receptive to the Holy Spirit and learn to break free.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

God used that study to tear down stuff i didn't even know was there. i actually went through it once on my own. the 2nd time i was with a group and that's when He turned my world upside down. it was exactly what i needed and i had never been as close to God as i was during that time. and right after that i was diagnosed with ms and my adjustment to that would never have been as smooth had He not molded me and changed me through that study. so all that to say...continue to trust God with your anger. continue to be real and if all you have is anger and resentment to bring to Him, keep bringing it. He'll meet you right where you are. love you!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

It sounds like that study is going to be wonderful. I've never done it myself, but it sounds like God is already speaking to you through it. I agree with what Jada and Stacy already said - God knows you are angry so you can let it out to Him - He loves you and wants to comfort you. I'll be praying for you as you go through this!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

you guys are great. i'm so glad i have friends in christ who i can be real with!

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home