hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Friday, September 29, 2006

In prep of Emily's 4th Birthday


there are some twins in emily's MDO class she really loves. max and erik. max and erik can't have whey, milk and canise. to make emily's party at school max and erik friendly, i went on a quest to find a cookie mix they were allowed to have. surprisingly enough, there was a good amount of products to choose from. i got some cookie mix and muffin mix. man, it was yucky. i feel sorry for these kids!! but anyway, i wanted to include them. when kids in her class bring things for birthdays and such, the twins can't participate. being the giver i am, i decided that must suck for them, thus my quest. anyway, emily's class had the "special" cookies tuesday. all emily would say was she shared her cookie with ethan (he got to come in her class for the party), which pretty much meant to me she thought they were gross. poor emily.

while searching for the healthy aisle, i ran across this product:

i thought it was kinda funny i saw such a HUGE can of whey protein when i was searching for things without whey...

also, i took these pics with my new camera phone! i'm digging it.

stay tuned for another post about emily's 4th birthday, which was saturday.

MY birthday is tomorrow...thanks for the early shout-out mrs. elly, but don't make me 35 before my time!! :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

i knew someone who knew someone who was gluten-free. they trekked all over town to find restaurants that could cater to her needs. now, i see "gluten-free" everywhere. i had never heard of it before.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! I'm so very proud that I didn't forget (usually I'm the worst). I hope your 35th is wonderful!!!

9:49 AM  
Blogger knelson said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! And I am so PROUD of you for thinking about the children that were always left out of the "sweet eating" events. YOu are truly a champion!

12:13 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

Michelle...very sweet of you to include those kiddos! I'm sure that meant a lot to them.

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Paper said...

Michelle --- That is so very thoughtful of you to include Max & Erik! I'm sure they (and their mom) really appreciated it.

And happy birthday to you!!! I hope your day is wonderful!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I hope emily got a real cookie for her birthday. I feel sorry for those kids! How thoughtful of you! I can honestly say that I have never been on the healthy aisle before!

9:24 AM  
Blogger BF said...

My grandmother is allergic to the gluten, but we just bake her an individual cake and we get "the good stuff". She doesn't mind in the least. Of course, she's also not 4.

And yes, that stuff is nasty.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home