hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Saturday, July 08, 2006

What's been going on

since i'm so behind on my blogging, i'll just hit the highlights!

thankfully, the thrush has nearly left us. i'm pretty much well, but elliot's bottom is still pretty bad looking. hopefully since i'm well he'll get well soon. it's so sad to change his diaper when he hurts! i'm still breastfeeding, but my milk is WAY down. he needs to be supplemented, but that's what i wanted so i guess God worked that out for me!

we've been super busy these days. we've painted two rooms, spent a TON of time getting our flower beds in order and generally speaking, unpacking and getting things organized. we've also had a lot of family visitors, so that's kept us busy as well. emily has new "big girl" furniture and elliot's room is nearly ready. we painted it yellow, which dan hates, but i like it and that's really all that matters!

emily is waiting for the rest of her big girl furniture

we painted her room a celery green color; she calls it "celerybration"


emily and ethan have a great time outside watering the flowers. they have their own gloves, watering can and trowels. ethan loves to be outside. if you give him a bucket of water and a watering can he'll be outside all day. really, i'm not kidding. he is very methodical. he fills his can up, walks carefully over to what he's planning to water and waters it. he repeats that process, oh, about a hundred times a day. it's fun to watch him be so serious!



this is elliot's "i've got a surprise for you in my diaper" look

the baby is growing like a weed. he'll be two months old on the 13th. sometimes time feels like it's standing still, but then i look at how much elliot has changed and grown and i know it has not! i can't really remember life without him; must be from lack of sleep! not really, dan is the one suffering from sleep deprivation. he has been taking night duty so i can rest well at night. it's been great getting to sleep until around 7. i get up with the kids and dan sleeps until around 9:30 and goes in to work around 10. also, elliot has slept through the night two nights in a row! hopefully it's not a fluke. he slept from around 10 to after 6!! so anyway, dan spoils me letting me sleep these days, but i know soon i'll have to start taking the night shift again. i'm enjoying the rest!

ethan is in the beginning stages of being potty trained. he's a real pro at taking off his diaper and getting poop everywhere. i've had to clean poop up from the carpets and his mouth recently!! YUCK! he's also clogged up the toilet a couple of times with toilet paper. i hope he gets the hang of it soon!

well - that's about it! even though i've not posted, i've been a faithful reader. i love reading about your kids, your grandkids, your nieces and nephews, your houdini-like dogs, jobs and what God is doing in and through your lives. it makes me feel sorta still connected to you guys. :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

elliot is so cute! sounds like y'all have been busy. glad things are going well & you're getting settled in your new home.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

elliot is so adorable. i'm afraid he's downright pretty. (don't tell dan.) thanks for including a poopy story...i feel reconnected with you now too!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Paper said...

Enjoyed the update! Glad to hear the thrush situation is improving... I've been thinking about you a lot on this one. Elliot looks perfectly happy, and he's completely handome!! Brooklyn is still nursing, but I sometimes wonder if others would consider her a "good nurser". She looks small compared to others about her age, and I dread going into the doctor and having her stamp a big "FAILURE TO THRIVE" all over the records... happened with Dylan, and I really felt like the most pathetic mother. Guess I'll do another weight check on my own before we go in so I can brace myself for what I might hear.

Love the celery color too!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I love Emily's big girl room. Hannah said..she has the Dora house! I need Ethan to come and water at my house. Elliot is adorable..yay for sleeping though the night!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Shandra said...

oh my gosh i dread the potty training days!!

sounds like y'all are busy but doing great.

your children are precious!!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Elliot is precious! I'm the same way...I don't always leave comments but try to read and catch up on everyone often. I love the celerybration color. She looks like a princess in her room. :)

10:24 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

You and Dan have produced yet another adorable child! I'm glad you are enjoying your new house. I love Emily's room! Bring Ethan over so he can water my plants - I'm so bad about neglecting mine...

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

send me some pics of elliot, so i can get to work!

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home