hit counter html code THEY OUTNUMBER US NOW

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Elliot's collection

i decided it was time to do a little sewing before i went into labor. dan says the fabric i chose for elliot's collection is way too girly. he has a small point, but instead of saying it looks girly, all i'll admit to is maybe it looks a little more babyish than any other bag i've sewn for ethan or any other boy... he said the fat rick rack was too much, and doing his name in lower case REALLY made it look girly. but anyway, it's done, and now i can load it up for the trip to the hospital. i chose to pair seersucker and canvas - i liked the way it turned out. i did do a few things i don't normally do for customers, like making it waterproof on the inside of the bag and changing pad & putting a pocket on the changing pad. putting in the iron-on vinyl makes clean up so much easier; you'd be surprised at how gunked up the inside of a diaper tote can get!

to use all the fabric, i went ahead and made him everything in my repertoire (bag, changing pad, hooded towel, burp cloth & bib). i make a couple of different styles of bags, but this one is by far the easiest, and well, i'm into anything easy these days. i had a good time sewing it all, but the whole time i was sewing i kept thinking about my sewing room i'll have soon!! yipee!

14 Comments:

Blogger Shandra said...

OH MY GOSH! Those are SUPER CUTE!! I'm SO jealous!! I wish I was that talanted!!! I don't think it's too girly!! LOVE IT!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

i, too, love the green. i don't think it is girly either. and the fat ric rac? love it, love it, love it!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

It's not too girly! You are so talented. Next time I have a baby I'm going to place an order! Hopefully, this will not be anytime soon.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Wow Michelle! I had no idea you could do that!! I think they are very cute!!!

8:15 AM  
Blogger elly said...

Very cute! - how do you sell your stuff - on the web or in a store? Why do men think boy babies need everything in camo?

9:43 AM  
Blogger knelson said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a seamstress you are! Would you make curtains by any chance?

10:09 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

thanks for the kind words! i am self-taught, which means i can look at a pattern and then i'll have to figure out how to sew it...so no, mrs. kathy, i probably can't sew curtains!!

i used to sell my bags in a resale shop, but the shop changed owners and she did not want to give me the same deal the other girl did so i stopped selling there. dan and i have talked about having a website, but we've not gotten our act together. so really, i have word of mouth customers.

i did have a great customer in the metroplex named bufkin, but some months ago when she visited i had a large order to get out - she helped me...now she sews her own things!! :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

megan - how funny!

jada - get that thing out and sew!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Very impressive! I love the monogramming! Wow, a whole room devoted to sewing. I've got a closet. And right now, I can't even get into the closet to see my sewing machine. I keep telling Aaron that I need a machine that does monograms. Then I might sew more, but I doubt I will ever get one.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny Ortis said...

Those are so cute! And they are NOT girly!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Shandra said...

michelle...if i was as talented as you i would be selling that stuff on ebay!!...well, not elliot's stuff! :)

8:01 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

that customer placed another order in october BEFORE her grandmother gave her her own sewing machine. and, that same customer can't even come close to using the fab fat ric rac!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

So?? How was Ethan's party??

1:25 PM  
Blogger elly said...

how was your shower?

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home